Bumble is one of the top dating apps among the millennials in the U.S. and across the globe. It has redefined the dating scene due to the following reasons:
- It is easier to use because of its inbuilt interfaces.
- Bumble can be installed on all android phones: It makes dating life more flexible since you can move around with the app.
- It has a variety interesting features such Happn that allow users to send private voice messages to their friends.
- It offers users power and gives them an opportunity to vet people they are attracted to by checking out their profile.
- Bumble allows users to get messages only from people they know. This solves the issue of spam messages.
Who is Whitney Wolfe?
Whitney Wolfe is an entrepreneur and director of Bumble. Wolfe is a graduate of the Southern Methodist University. She ventured into business at the age of 19 and partnered with celebrity Patrick Aufdenkamp to assist victims affected by BP oil spill through the Help Us Project Foundation. After graduating from college, Wolfe joined Hatch Labs. During her tenure at Hatch Labs, she interacted with executives such as Sean Rad. She later collaborated with Justin Mateen, Chris Gulzcynski, and Sean Rad and launched a dating app known as Tinder.
Tinder dating app was founded in 2012 under the umbrella of IAC startup incubator. Wolfe was named the head of the marketing division of Tinder. She promoted this app and popularized it among college students. After her departure from IAC startup incubator, she helped Andrey Andreev create a dating platform. She later established Bumble, an app that has since reached 15 million conversations and facilitated over 80 million hook-ups. Wolfe is considered one of the most prominent women in technology under 30 according to Business Insider’s Magazine.